What a Behavioural Consultant Does
We help children and youth in Campbell River, Courtenay and Northern Vancouver Island with behavioral problems and/or skill deficits to improve their quality of life. We help parents, caregivers and children with:
- Autism therapy
- Language development
- Life skills (eating, sleeping, toileting, school-readiness, social and play skills)
- Emotional regulation
- Positive behaviour support (strategies to reduce challenging behaviours)
- Parent and service provider training
- Treatment program for severe aggression and self-harming behaviour.
Positive Behavior Support Plans
A person-centred approach is the key to successfully bringing about an enduring change in behaviour. By investing time and resources in observing behaviours and conducting interviews with relevant parties, positive behaviour support strategies can be implemented and incorporated into individually devised behaviour plans which can be adopted across numerous settings leading to a reduction in problem behaviours.
Early Interventions and Home-based Intervention
It is essential that the teaching of both academic and life skills are not only fun and captivating, but are supported by the knowledge and skills of a Behaviour Consultant, who is qualified and experienced in overcoming challenging behaviours.
Support can also be provided to address areas such as communication, eating, toileting and sleeping difficulties in all ages.
- Promoting joint attention and social referencing (0-48 months)
- Understanding and managing severe challenging behaviours (all ages)
- Designing and implementing a routine for your child (all ages)
- Utilizing visual supports to support skill development and create predictability for your child
- Understanding ASD, ADHD, FASD, ODD, and Developmental Trauma
- Promoting skill development from a behavioural perspective
- Safety skills training
Promoting the Emergence of Advanced Knowledge (PEAK)
Peak is a curriculum that focuses on the development of executive thinking, language and independence.